Scrum.org Professional Scrum Foundations® (PSF)
Our 2-day Scrum.org Professional Scrum Foundations hands-on training is about giving you the foundational skills and knowledge you need to work with Scrum.
During the Professional Scrum Foundations course you will learn about Scrum artifacts, roles and events and will have participated in a series of Sprints to build a product where you will get to experience Scrum first hand and learn how to avoid common pitfalls.
Why you should come to this Scrum training
This course is for
- Teams that are about to adopt Scrum in their workplace
- People looking for their first hands-on Scrum experience
- People who want the foundational knowledge of Scrum before taking on further training for more specific roles such as Scrum Master, Product Owner, Developer or Leader
By the end of this course
You will be able to
- Start using Scrum immediately after the class
- Understand and apply the underlying principles that are the foundations of Scrum
- Scrum values and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- The Definition of "done"
- Scrum roles, events and artifacts
- Self-organizing and cross-functional teams
- Johannes Geske is a Professional Scrum Trainer® (PST) at Scrum.org. He began his Scrum journey in 2005 and has trained hundreds of people in using Scrum to build software, Scrum to build embedded software and hardware, Scrum to run organizations, and Scrum to turn around crisis projects
- We keep the size of our classes small, no more than 12 people per Scrum trainer
- We give you the official Scrum.org course book only Scrum.org Professional Scrum Trainers have
- You get free access to our digital library with all your training materials, free e-books, helpful tools and resources
- You get free access to our Slack community where other Professional Scrum Masters and your Scrum Trainer Johannes Geske can help you with day-to-day questions
- You get discounts for other training events offered by Amazing Outcomes
All participants completing this Scrum.org Professional Scrum Foundations® (PSF ™) course will receive a certificate of completion from Amazing Outcomes and a password to attempt the Scrum.org PSM I assessment. Participants who take this industry-recognized assessment within 14 days of the training, and who do not achieve the passing grade, will have the opportunity to retake the assessment for free.
We are fans of “Training from the back of the room” and “Liberating Structures”. These approaches to teaching and facilitation help us deliver a highly interactive learning experience where the participants are able to experience Scrum through practical hands-on training in an easy to understand, engaging and exciting way.
How to get the most out of this class
If you’d like to prepare, we suggest you read the Scrum Guide. It’s not mandatory but will maximize your learning experience. You can get the Scrum Guide here.
Other things you should know
- Duration: 2 days
- Spoken language: see training dates below
- Size of class: no more than 12 people per Scrum trainer
- Type of class: public (contact us for in-house training)
- Venue: see training dates below
- Catering: coffee, soft drinks, snacks and lunch are included
- Cancellation: free of charge 30 days before training. Within 30 days, you can reschedule for free or send someone else to attend.