Professional Scrum Master II™ (PSM II)
The Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) training is a 2-day course that supports you as an experienced Scrum Master in your professional development. The various challenges that you meet daily require you to assume different Scrum Master stances many times a day. This training promotes your understanding of these stances that distinguish you as a successful Scrum Master and Servant Leader.
Why you should come to this Scrum training
The Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) training is designed for experienced Scrum Masters who already have a solid understanding of the Scrum Framework. You should have at least one year of practical experience as a Scrum Master. While the PSM I certificate is not a prerequisite for your participation in this training, it is recommended you are knowledgeable about the framework, to the level where you could pass a PSM I or CSM I.
By the end of this course
- You can adjust your stance as a Scrum Master to the situation at hand.
- You can use the principles and values of Scrum as a guide to servant leadership.
- You can help others to use the principles and practices of Scrum as guidelines for their work, leadership, and decision-making.
- You can use concrete techniques to help the Development Team and the Product Owner become more agile.
- You can help the organization to improve the environment for Scrum Teams so that they can optimize the value of their products.
For more information about this Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) course, please visit the Scrum.org website.
The Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) training is for advanced Scrum Masters. It promotes your understanding of the various Scrum Master stances that make you a successful Scrum Master and servant leader. Your role as a Scrum Master is complex, and your opportunities to help your Development Team, your Product Owner, and your organization are vast.
Depending on the situation at hand, you have to assume different stances and apply different techniques to be successful in your Scrum Master role:
- As a Scrum Master, you are a trainer
- As a Scrum Master, you are a mentor and a coach
- As a Scrum Master, you are a facilitator and a moderator
- As a Scrum Master, you are a change agent
This course was made to help you understand these stances. Through a number of case studies, exercises, techniques such as "Liberating Structures," you will experience and reflect on these stances and your skill at using them. Your Professional Scrum Trainers (PST) will not offer simple answers to complex situations, but they will help you find solutions by yourself. By collaborating with your fellow participants and your trainers, you will gain empirical knowledge, guided by the principles and values of Scrum.
- We, Wilbert and Johannes, are both experienced Scrum Masters and trainers. We have been using Scrum for many years in our work with teams and leaders. We support teams that develop digital and physical products or services, teams in hardware development, and executives that want to build successful products and businesses with the help of Scrum. We support companies from many different industries, from the B2x business of commerce, websites and apps all the way to super-computers, data centers, brick & mortar stores, project turn-arounds, emergency services, and airlines.
- This training is about using Scrum in the real world. We will bring in not just our success stories, but also our hard-won experience through the challenges and mistakes we've encountered over the years. We invite you to do the same.
- We don't use PowerPoint! Instead, we encourage and challenge you through exercises and discussions. At the end of these two days, you will leave the course exhausted but happy about your many new experiences and skills!
After this course, you will have an opportunity to take the PSM II exam at Scrum.org and get the Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) certificate. The PSM II certification is recognized worldwide and is proof of your advanced knowledge and skills as a Scrum Master.
After your participation in this course, you will receive an access code from Scrum.org to take the PSM II exam. If you take the first attempt within 14 days and you do not pass, you are given a second attempt. By participating in this course, you will also receive a 40% discount on the PSM III exam.
We use “Training from the back of the room” and “Liberating Structures” to deliver a highly interactive learning experience where you are able to experience practical hands-on training in an easy to understand, engaging and exciting way.
How to get the most out of this class
You should have a solid understanding of the Scrum Framework, and at least one year of practical experience as a Scrum Master.Find training date!