What is Kanban
"Kanban is a strategy for optimizing the flow of value through a process that uses a visual, work in-progress limited pull system." ‐ The Kanban Guide (Dec 2020)
What does a Kanban Coach do?
A Kanban Coach helps effectively introduce, design, operate and improve Kanban systems at different levels of an organization. They do this by coaching, teaching and facilitating the Kanban practices:
- Visualizing work
- Limiting work in progress
- Managing Flow
- Making policies explicit
- Implementing feedback loops
- Improving processes and outcomes
A Kanban Coach also focuses the people delivering a service on the principles of Kanban:
- Understanding and focusing on customer value and outcomes
- Managing work and letting people self-manage around it
- Improving processes and outcomes through policies
- Starting with what is now, and agreeing on evolutionary improvements
- Encouraging acts of leadership on every level
Why a Kanban Coach from Amazing Outcomes?
- We know that Kanban is not an end in itself. Therefore, we start by asking the question “Why?” to clarify your real goal and if Kanban is the best approach for you.
- Our Kanban Coaches (KMP, EKC, PSK) have in-depth knowledge and an understanding of Kanban, flow, flight levels and systems thinking taught and verified by renowned Kanban experts like Dr. Klaus Leopold, Daniel Vacanti and the Kanban University.
- We thrive on diversity and have different personal and professional backgrounds. We use that diversity of thought in regular intervision sessions (peer-coaching) to tap into each other's experience and creativity. This means our clients and their Kanban systems benefit from our whole organization.