Get an Interim Product Owner
to lead your product development
Find the right Interim Product Owner
A Product Owner who knows both the subject matter AND agile practices is THE most influential person on any agile team. That kind of Product Owner has the capability to easily increase the effectiveness of the team and the value of the product many times over. That professional Product Owner is also very difficult to find. That's where we come aboard: As your Interim Product Owner we lead your product development and maximize product value while we partner with your future Product Owner and grow them into a professional Product Owner.
The Interim Product Owner
Why you should work with an Interim Product Owner from Amazing Outcomes:
- Experience: We are experienced Product Owners. We develop products for our clients from many different industries AND within our own company.
- Expertise: We are experts in Scrum and complimentary agile practices that we use to create high-value products. We verify our knowledge through professional certifications.
- Industry knowledge: Through our work with clients from different industries we know which questions to ask in order to quickly understand your domain, market and your customers' needs.
- Professional development: We coach and mentor your future Product Owner on the job. As Professional Scrum Trainer™ (PST) and partners of Scrum.org™ we teach your future Product Owner how to become a professional Product Owner who maximizes product value.
- Highly-effective teams: As your professional Product Owner we help your Scrum Master be more effective in building great Scrum Teams by speaking the same language and speaking with one voice to the team and stakeholders.
The accountability of a Product Owner
As your Interim Product Owner we will maximize product value for you and your customers by being accountable for:
- Working with your customers and stakeholders to understand their needs
- Maximizing the value of the product resulting from the work of the Scrum Team
- Understanding and communicating how the product supports the mission, strategy and goals of your organization
- Understanding your customers’ needs and your market environment
- Managing an effective Product Backlog
- Developing and explicitly communicating the Product Goal
- Creating and clearly communicating Product Backlog items
- Ordering Product Backlog items
- Ensuring that the Product Backlog is transparent, visible and understood
- Communicating product progress towards goals
The risks of working with an inexperienced Product Owner
Having a Product Owner who does not understand both your market and agile practices is a risk for your business. That kind of Product Owner might not be able to use their accountability effectively to manage the three key-risks of product development:
- Risk #1: The team might not be able to build the product
- Risk #2: Potential users might not find the product useful
- Risk #3: The product might not be viable to your business
What an Interim Product Owner engagement looks like:
As the Interim Product Owner, we will:
- Establish a mutual understanding of accountabilities between you, the future Product Owner and our Interim Product Owner. We will lay out a development plan with the future Product Owner
- Understand how the product connects to company vision, strategy and goals
- Learn about the customer needs, the idea, vision and goals of the product, its current state and the Product Backlog
- Get to know the team and understand their performance
- Work with the Scrum Master in increasing team effectiveness
- Work with stakeholders to understand their needs and expectations
- Establish evidence-based value metrics to make progress towards goals transparent
- Focus the work of the team on product capabilities that support the Product Goal
- Focus the team on delivering the right quality through a powerful Definition of Done
- Partner with the future Product Owner to develop them as part of our daily work
Looking to hire a freelance Product Owner?
We are here for you.
Are you looking for an experienced freelance Product Owner who can drive product development while coaching your future Product Owner? Are you looking for a mentor to help you use agile practices to turn an idea into value:
- Design Thinking / Design Sprints
- Lean User Experience (Lean UX)
- Product vision and goals
- Evidence-based management
- Outcome Mapping
- User Story Mapping
- Probabilistic Forecasting
Book a meeting by phone or video to see how we could help you best.Let's talk!